Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Things I'm Making the Most Of Right Now

Often I look back at previous periods of my life and think "Why didn't I take advantage of that more?" I think back to the amazing pool(s) we had in our complex a couple of years ago that we used about 3 times. Or the Trader Joe's just a ten minute's walk away (I would love that right now!). Or (especially) the acquaintances that could've become amazing friends had I put forth a little more effort who have now moved far away.

So I'm trying to make sure I don't neglect all the wonderful things I really do have in my life right now. Here's my list:


  • A beautiful local park. It's a ten minute walk if the kids are in the stroller (much longer if they're not:)). It's beautiful, with green space, trees, a "lake" with a fountain and ducks and geese and a really great park for kids that Isaac thinks of as his personal pirate ship. 
  • A local library that I love within walking distance away. Our local library is actually super ugly and small, but I love it! I love the people who work there, the regulars who often say hi to the kids and me, that they have an older-ladies workout group I've been invited to before (still not sure if that was a compliment...? Ha!) and a storytime available if my kids ever get the desire to sit through one :) And libraries are just magical places in general.   
  • Both my children at home (at least until August!). This one is a tiny bit on the aspirational side, meaning I am trying to cherish my time with a 2 and (almost) 4 year old at home all day. Isaac starts full-day preschool in August which I'm really excited about, as I think it will be so good and fun for him and also way easier at home. I feel especially excited during the frequent sibling rivalry that goes on around here. I think it will be glorious, but I'm trying to make the most of him while I have him. 
    Our "picnic" on the trampoline
  • A body that is currently uninhabited of any other body and one that responds to exercise. Also mildly aspirational. 
  • The great attractions Saint Louis has to offer. We have a lot of cool stuff around here. I'd really like to take more advantage of the zoo and Science Center this Summer and work on my "STL List" a bit more. Displaying IMG_3305.JPG 
    At Cahokia mounds a couple weekends ago
  • Making friends. The friends we were super close to up and left Saint Louis this past year and even though we do have a ton of awesome friends still, I don't feel like we spend much time with them or know them as well as I'd like. So I'm hoping to be a little more deliberate this summer about inviting people over or out to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...