Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"Not Handsome Enough to Tempt Me!" (Day 4)

(Day 4 of February's a-photo-a-day challenge.)


A few months ago, I got a cold. And when I get a cold (or any illness) I get a little bit homesick. When this happens, I reach for perhaps the best movie ever produced.... No, not The Avengers.... I reach for the BBC's 5 hour masterpiece Pride and Prejudice (cue iconic intro music "da, da-da-da-da..." ). 

Here's Isaac, enjoying it with me.... 





And next here's Isaac not enjoying it so much....




He did pretty well on the whole. No trying to turn it off until the Netherfield dance, when Bingley's sisters got all snooty. (It's amazing how even toddlers can pick up on subtle meanness, isn't it?)

Last week a couple of friends and I decided to watch an episode each week. It's been great fun, and especially nice to be watching throughout the last weeks of Winter weather. This way I can get my fix of British loveliness in advance of the colds we may contract.

Tonight we meet Mr. Wickham! So, in his own words...

"Let us not say goodbye, but as the French would have it, 
'Au Revoir'!"

2 comments:

  1. At our house we have a chart to take turns picking movies and I always intentionally choose movies that the kids would never choose (but I figure is good for them). Today was my turn so we watched the musical Meet Me in St. Louis. It's tricky though because they sit and watch in bits and pieces and then have lots of questions. The rest of the time they're running around in front of me fighting. But hey now they've heard of the World's Fair. Pride and Prejudice would be a whole new level of cultural exposure. I will have to put it on my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! We'll probably have to start rotating once Elsie starts having opinions. And I've never seen "Meet me in St Louis"! I think we'll need to watch it soon, especially given we live in St Loyis now.... :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...