Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Isaac Loves the Gym (Day 3)

(Day 3 of February's a-photo-a-day challenge.)

At the end of December I decided to do something I'd never done before... I joined a gym! Mostly for my sanity, but also for my health. 

Elsie wasn't incredibly keen at first, and she apparently still keeps to herself, but Isaac absolutely loves it, and has done from day one. The fact he's never had much "stranger-danger" helps a lot. Plus they have lots of cars, dinosaurs, a TV, stuff to climb on, and other children to play with. Basically heaven for this little chap. 

It's so nice to be able to drop them off at the children's area while I work out. It's also a dream to shower and dress at the gym without worrying what the kids might be up to. 

So definitely a win-win.

When I pick up the kids they are so incredibly cute and happy to see me (it's so gratifying to be missed once in a while!). Isaac comes running at me with a sweet "Mama!!" and a big hug. Elsie suddenly smiles and crawls her little legs off to get to me. After getting them dressed and back to the car I give them a snack for the ride home. It's lovely and quiet and somehow nothing bothers me (thank you endorphins!). 

And then we arrive home and Isaac starts to wail. Somehow the snacks distracts him from the inevitable truth: We are going home!

Poor little boy!

So here's a picture of Isaac being sad one morning after getting back from the gym. (I was trying to take a picture of Elsie and how cute she looked in her new clothes but Isaac had other plans.) But I must say I like it. One day I'll look back at this picture and reminisce about this crazy little period of Isaac's life. It's not always easy to teach and take care of my lovely boy, but it's an adventure I wouldn't miss for the world. 


3 comments:

  1. That picture is priceless! The pair of them! Cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to visiting you all.
    Late April to late May.
    Love
    Dad and Diana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...