Thursday, June 26, 2014

Well hello again!

So it's been a while!

So long in fact that when I typed the blog's address into my browser, it didn't actually come up in the recent history.... And then when I typed it all out I typed the wrong blog address... whoops! 

Lots and lots and lots has happened since I last wrote, so I'll just summarize the almost year that has passed with the following pictures and captions, with more details to come:


We moved to Maryland! Just outside of DC. Here we are parading for the fourth of July (all the new families in our church were forced asked to). I just love how so many people in this picture became great friends, though we didn't know them at the time :)

Brian set to work as a PostBac at the NIH, researching the endocannabinoid system. 

I got pregnant!

Isaac made the cutest superman ever for Halloween :)

I got even more pregnant... 41 weeks pregnant...

Mum came to help when we had the baby, it was so much fun. Here she is, in her element ;)

Elsie Jane was born! I'll do another post on how that all happened another day....


Brian's mom, dad, and sister Melisa came into town in April! Unfortunately the only picture I can find is this :"fish and chips" fail! ha! The visit was awesome though :)
As Brian's year at the NIH drew to a close, we figured we should start some serious sightseeing! This is taken at the British Embassy on Embassy day, May 10th. We went with some awesome people and had a great time. 

Dad came to help us move! He was amazing. So were all our awesome Rockville friends who were so gracious to come help us clean and take all our furniture! So blessed. 

We arrived in St Louis a few weeks ago. Brian has begun his PhD in genomics here at WASHU already.
It's hot and humid and friendly and we are so happy to be here!

3 comments:

  1. You're alive! :)
    Thanks for the update on your life (you look gorgeous by the way) and I'm only disappointed that Brian's new school didn't bring you closer to the West coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! Sounds like you have had a crazy busy year, but very, very good! Congratulations on baby and studies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times! I love hearing about it, and I LOVE the picture of you 41 weeks pregnant - that. was. fabulous. :) Hope we can come see you while we are in the mid-west this next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...