Thursday, February 21, 2013

My 2013 "Word"

I recently found a blog that I just love. Every year she chooses a word to focus on, relating to what's going on in her and her family's lives. And I've decided to do the same!

So, drum roll please......
........my 2013 word is: "JOY".


Specifically, finding joy in my roles as WIFE and MOTHER. 

My life is so good, but I don't always appreciate it. I forget how wonderful my husband is and how delightful my baby is. I love them so much, yet sometimes my thoughts and actions don't naturally flow from that fact. 

I am particularly determined to find more joy in motherhood. Like so many women, adapting hasn't been the easiest for me. Until quite recently I don't think I really understood what it means (for me) to be a mother. It's taken a while but I'm grateful for the struggle and process, because I believe it means I'll value the knowledge more highly and be less likely (lets hope!) of forgetting it.

So here goes!  2013 is now officially my year of joy!  


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous picture! I like your theme word - it's a good reminder for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...