Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'm an Alien...


...I'm a legal alien. I'm an Englishwoman in Utaaaah..! 

It's that time again! Time to file my paperwork with the government... AGAIN. I'm so glad I have Sting to keep me company. Right now I'm a conditional permanent resident. After this round I'll be a permanent resident. If I so choose, citizenship is just a year or so after that. 

It's all very complicated and expensive. 

The other day I was filling out a change of address form and I wasn't sure which "date of entry" they wanted. (As a student or as a permanent resident?) So I called, got cut off, then called a couple more times, and then was told they couldn't advise me on that. 

It's quite the rigmarole.

On a more positive note, unless I go for citizenship (which I might for the sake of the next election, if my pride will allow it) after this cycle I won't have to worry about it for 10 years! Glory!

2 comments:

  1. My parents and sister just barely became citizens- that process was a nightmare too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im thinking of going for the citizenship but the idea of all that paper work is putting me off until 2018 when my greencard runs out :) UHH thats only 5 years LAME. I should probably start of that now. I hope you guys are all doing well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...