Monday, November 26, 2012

A Life in Challenges!

FitSugar's Motivational Fitness Quotes
{via}
Recently I've been seeing my life in challenges. (In a good way!) Brian showed me the "Try something new for 30 days" in October and we each chose something to do for the rest of that month. Brian chose to read a primary literature article in his field every day, and I chose a few smaller things, like making sure I plan, stretch, and write in my journal daily. It went pretty well, and we definitely achieved more in those areas than we would have otherwise. 

Since then I've been seeing my life in challenges! The ones that come to mind right now are: "how long we can go without grocery shopping?" (aka the shop-from-my-pantry challenge); the "I-left-my-straightener-in-Idaho" challenge (lets see if I can make it to Christmas with only a curling iron!); and the "how long can I go still using cloth diapers?" challenge. 

It's kind of fun, and I think the thought-process changes otherwise difficult and potentially unpleasant tasks into goals. It creates more accountability too which is essential for tracking progress and personal growth. I think December is going to be a combo of exercise/Christmas prep/don't-gain-20-pounds challenges.

Have you guys ever tried a 30-day challenge? I'd love to hear how they went!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I've been trying a 30 day exercise program. My goal is 5 days a week, but I usually average 4. I've been at it for 7 wks now. I've definitely seen improvement which is motivation to continue, but at the same time I think "ugh, how much longer do I need to do this." I think I'm going to vary my exercises so I don't get bored. Hopefully this will help stir things up a bit so a don't quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. You got me thinking about what my challenges are. I like the "task into goals part". Thank you Suzie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...