Here are his impressive stats at 4-months:
- Height: 25.5 inches, 75th percentile*
- Weight: 18 pounds & 11 ounces, 95th percentile
- Head circumference: 25th percentile
(*Percentile: "a value on a scale of 100 that indicates the percent of a distribution that is equal to or below it" meaning 50th is average, 100th is the biggest, etc. (At 9 days old Isaac was 100th percentile for weight to height!))
Isaac is so fun, here's a few new tricks he's learned:
- HE CAN PLAY WITH TOYS!!!! To me the transition from looking at something waved in his face to reaching out and playing with it is HUGE! It is so much fun. I love seeing him figuring things out and enjoying himself.
- He has an awesome sense of anticipation; when we tickle him he's more "tickled" by the build-up than by the actual tickling. It's so funny to see him scream and tense up and giggle without even touching him!
- He's recently discovered his toes. Now we're cloth diapering, it's only during diaper changes that he can grab them properly, but he seems to enjoy playing with them despite (I think) not fully understanding they're attached to him.
- He loves to stand and is starting to enjoy being thrown in the air.
- He has discovered his VOICE. I think is my favorite development, I'll attach a video because it is THE funniest thing ever.
- He is a ladies man...! He likes guys well enough but will smile and show off (and be a lot more ticklish) for pretty faces! I'm a bit worried this might be a long term thing...!
- Isaac still has no interest in rolling over, but is enduring "tummy-time" better than ever. I'm sure it won't be too long!
- Isaac has recently had his first tastes of "Real" food! The first was applesauce, then some banana, and most recently blended oatmeal. He seemed to enjoy it all, albeit the look of mingled confusion and enjoyment on his face. I think I'll wait another month or two to introduce food properly. He's (obviously) not needing any additional calories, plus I'm ok with holding off on the extra mess!