Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thoughts

So I'm now down to the single digits ... only 9 days til my due date! Crazy how time flies. Today was a sad day. I got my first stretch marks :( Totally happened overnight. Not big ones or anything, (though I assume they'll just increase until I deliver) but I'm still pretty sad. I was starting to assume I was going to be one of the lucky ones and not get any, but I guess it's all part of the motherhood initiation. I suppose my belly must have finally reached its limit of hugeness. Oh well. Bring on the lotion!

Otherwise pregnancy is fine. Uncomfortable and sometimes a bit boring, but just fine. I'm excited to not be so huge anymore, to be able to sit up in bed without having to first employ several tricky maneuvers, and also to eventually go running! Meeting our little boy will undoubtedly be the highlight of no-longer being pregnant, but for right now it's still very surreal!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I'm sure you're as ready as I am to be done and to see the little one instead of just feel them! I hope you have a smooth delivery! Oh, and I escaped last time without any stretch marks, but got some this time, so I guess even us lucky ones might not be so lucky the 2nd time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! Not long now!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got stretchmarks all of a sudden 3 days before Joey was born...just sayin'...It's so exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute, I can't believe how fast time has flown! For some reason my google reader hadn't shown when you updated, but I still love reading your blog! If it's any comfort, my first set of stretchmarks ended up leaving once I got back down to my normal size, but sadly I haven't had such luck with this pregnancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...