Monday, March 26, 2012
So sad. You find a book you *LOVE* and then none of the author's other work can compare.
I absolutely loved The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, probably most of you have read it and will agree. Yet when I checked out his other work, I was so disappointed!
All of his other books (please! someone correct me if I'm wrong!) deal quite heavily with sexuality and sexual exploration. The one book I thought was going to be a "clean" read was Veronika Decides to Die, but even that discussed things and portrayed scenes that were way too graphic for my taste. I was able to skip most of it but even the doctor's discussion of sexuality was disturbing to me. I ended up skipping to the last chapter to see whether the story ended how I'd guessed. It did.
If there is another book he's written comparable to The Alchemist I would love to know. But for now I'm just going to have to side-step Mr. Coelho from now on.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Here's a lightning-fast update on the Earley family!
Random Pregnancy Fun Facts:
- I'm now coming up to 28 weeks... yay for the last trimester!
- I've started wearing more of Brian's clothes... the shirt in the picture is his :)
- Isaac (as we've now decided to call him) loves to kick. Especially at night...
- Insomnia. Probably from the kicking.
- Naps. Have hated these since the mission but have become necessary this past week...
- Nose-blowing... quite an increase since becoming pregnant... who knew?
- Pain... mostly in my hips and one side especially of my back... hurray for heating pads!
- Stuff: We now have a crib! And a car seat/stroller combo! All for $105... thank you craigslist! I will post pics of those later.
- We recycle! These cans could earn us a buck or two! (But probably just one, honestly)
- I am just LOVING Bountiful Baskets! This is the loot from our first time. Today's was just as good, actually probably better... You really can't beat a lettuce that is still alive, roots and all!
- Crepes! We've been eating a lot of them the past few weeks and have loved every single one!
- Brian's cell phone got washed and is now spending a few days with some rice in a ziplock...
- Limes! We had loads (still do) from BB. It was my first time "zesting" or juicing one. Went well, except for my arthritic fingers afterwards! (I am honestly convinced I have arthritis... just like my Grannie....)
- The delish (ok, we'll say "nice") Coconut Lime Cookies. Quite nice in fact. Not so sweet I want to eat the whole batch, which is a good thing. I love the food blog they came from too.