Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's 2012


This year Valentine's was extra fun because Brian and I got to help put together our stake's annual Valentine's Dance!

We were primarily responsible for the decorations. Luckily we had so many wonderful people help us set up. I wish I'd taken more photos!

The doorways were probably the coolest decorations. Originally the strung hearts weren't bunched... it just became necessary when half way through the night they got all tangled. The balloon hearts were fun too! Thanks to the engineering students who assembled them, they lasted all night!
The Photo Booth!! This was a ton of fun and a lot of people got some awesome photos. The most popular props were the mustaches, the bouquet, the hat, and the plastic "feather" boa :)
The backdrop! Thanks Jaime & Cassie for putting it together!
It made for a pretty backdrop. Easy to make, too. Just twinkle lights behind a dollar-store plastic table cloth. Genius! 
Here are some of our photos. The photographers did a great job. Unfortunately I was so incredibly tired by this point. We'd shopped for hours, decorated for hours, and danced for hours... hence not looking my best!




These next pictures are from actual Valentine's day. Brian asked where I wanted to go and on the way there (I think it was originally Cafe Rio) I spotted a Denny's and that's where we ended up! Food is very urgent when you're pregnant...
Waiting for our food at Denny's...
Denny's love...
So I realized after seeing some of these pictures (and a worse one I deleted!) that I'd gotten noticeably chubbier in the face department. Pictures will be taken from above from now on! :)  

3 comments:

  1. I think you look adorable, and that dance decor was absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Suzie. I think pregnancy is so hard because you feel so strange and awkward and big (at least I did), but everybody else just sees beautiful mama (which you are). And you did a great job on the decorations. Impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish we could have been there for that dance! It looks like it was a blast.

    Oh, and I definitely got really chubby in my face and arms and ankles last pregnancy...I'm trying to drink more water this time around and hoping that it will help at least a little! (We'll see...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...