Friday, December 9, 2011

Food Storage Nastiness...

You may remember me mentioning in past posts that Brian's parents are very generous in sharing with us their food storage whenever we venture to Blackfoot. This, for the most part, has been wonderful: a complete win-win situation. They win by ridding themselves of food (guilt-free!) that they would never have used anyway, and we get to save hundreds of dollars by creating new ways to eat it. It's been a fun challenge, honestly.

Unfortunately, sometimes the final products don't turn out quite right... 


Yesterday Brian needed a treat for the Freshmen he works with, so I whipped up some cake-mix cookies using this Devil's Food Cake mix. They looked ok, smelled ok, but tasted GROSS! Something was seriously wrong. Then I realized my fatal error: I hadn't checked the expiration date on the box! I am usually such a nazi about these things... 

If you look really closely - maybe try squinting - you can probably see it on the box top....

Yep. Sep 09 00. 

Nasty. 

To the people who say such items never go bad... send me a message sharpish and I will gladly mail you some! (After retrieving them from the garbage:)  

1 comment:

  1. I love baking cake-mix cookies, its the best around, but so sorry yours didnt turn out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...