Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Yearful of Learning


Everyone tells you that the first year of marriage will be hard. And they were right, it was. But what they don't tell you is that along with being hard, it is also wonderful and exciting and different and magical, and a lot of other adjectives that are not coming to mind fast enough... It is excellent! Most excellent.

We really have had a ginormous amount of fun, but what stands out in my mind right now are the things I've learned. Learning things is hard too, but definitely worth the difficulty.
  • I have learned a lot about my weaknesses and about Brian's wonderful and longsuffering patience.
  • I have learned I'm not as mature as I thought I was, or would be, in a variety of ways.
  • I put on twenty pounds! (And am only just getting it off...!)
  • I have learned about pain, physical and emotional and spiritual, and have appreciated the plan of salvation as never before. 
  • I have developed an increased sense of respect for womanhood, and for the Lord's Relief Society.
  • I have learned to repent better and talk to Heavenly Father in a more personal way.
I think marriage can be a really refining process, probably due to the fact that you are going from individual mode to oneness. It's one of those necessary sacrifices where you get a whole lot for giving up a little. 

I am sooo grateful for the decisions we made to marry each other, to be sealed! I imagine we have a lot more wonderful and difficult adventures ahead together, and that is just fine.  

1 comment:

  1. I just love you guys! We need to hang out again soon... we hope to see you Saturday :)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...