Monday, September 19, 2011

Sew Exciting!!

So I mentioned I might put up some pictures of the stuff I've been sewing... The pictures didn't really turn out how I'd hoped (the colors aren't as bright/accurate but there you go!). 

This skirt is my FAVORITE! It used to be a pair of pants that were gorgeous but a tad crazy. I much prefer them as a skirt! I cut, unpicked, and sewed them myself. Kathy, Brian's mom, graciously hemmed them for me :)
I also did a lot of work on this stripy shirt. It's the one from the yard sale. I took it in a few inches on each side and changed the sleeves to a cap sleeves. Beforehand they were sort of puffy-er and had a band that landed right in the middle of the arm, which was quite unflattering! I still don't like the square-neck much but I LOVE the stripes!


With the extra fabric cut from the stripy shirt I decided to decorate an existing white tee. The flowers are made by cutting out stars of various sizes, then just sewing them on. It took FOREVER, and I made a ton of mistakes but I like them all the same :)


This is another shirt I made alterations to. It was a couple sizes too big and had baggy 3/4 sleeves that were unflattering. I took it in and changed the sleeves. Unfortunately I took it in a little too much so I'll have to wait a little to wear it! ha.
I've had a ton of fun! And spent next to nothing. The pants-skirt I already had, the stripy was $1 at a yard sale, I already had the white T, and the polka-dot button-up was I think $3 or $4 at DI! Nice.


Brian's grandma also provided me with material that I am excited to use! I'm really into navy right now so I have some material just waiting to become a skirt! I'm excited to try something from scratch and see how I do!

6 comments:

  1. I love the black polka-dot shirt! Well done missy, you have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! I think it's time to give me some lessons... eh? eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I love the skirt. I can't believe your already editing clothes. You must have a lot of natural talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great! I know how to make stuff from scratch, but altering has always scared me stiff. Maybe I'll give it a whirl since you've inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzie I am so impressed!! All the clothes look amazing. If I was in Utah I would totally have you teach me how you altered everything!! Whenever I try to alter things, they never turn out very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! Umm so I actually don't know what I'm doing most of the time, I just try stuff and hope for the best! I think tailoring is definitely easier than from scratch... I'm trying that right now and it's taking FOREVER! ha. Thanks for all the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...