Monday, May 16, 2011

D.I. day!


With school out and the summer looming, Suzie and I moved out of our comfy Provo apartment for a summer of fun. We have been in Blackfoot since April 25th. This post details one of the exciting activities that we engaged in early on in our adventures in Idaho.


D.I. day consists of going through everything that I've held dear for far too long. These are my high school cleats. They helped me through many practices and games. Unfortunately, they're too small for me (they were in high school as well), they've been repaired too many times (that's athletic tape wrapped around the toes), and I have better cleats that still fit. After 30 minutes and some heated conversation, Suzie convinced me to throw them away.


Suzie wouldn't let me keep this awesome sweater either.


Luckily, I convinced her to let me keep my security blanket :) Suzie thinks it's creepy, but clownface has been too good to me for too long.


After sending many of my childhood memories to D.I. I was able to feel at peace with my decision. Some lucky child will get this awesome radio headphones for an amazing price, tuning on the left ear and volume on the right. I realized that many of the things that I hoarded for years could be cherished by others also.

2 comments:

  1. way to go Suzie! and good for you for getting rid of things that can go to a happy home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I agree with suzie about the blanket! Creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...