Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Two Tasty Bean Recipes!

By special request, here are a couple of the recipes that allow me to use up a bunch of my beans! I hope you like them as much as I do, Miriam :)


Chicken & Bean Curry 
You'll need:
1 med white onion
2 cups cooked & cubed chicken
2 cans diced tomatoes (I used a type with garlic included)
2 cans pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
and to season:
Curry Powder
Cumen
Chili Powder
Cinnamon

Method: (In a large skillet)
1. Chop onion (I like mine chunky to add crunch) & fry lightly in oil
2. Add (already cooked & cubed) chicken, let fry a minute or 3
3. Add cans of tomatoes and (drained & rinsed) cans of beans
4. While simmering, add seasonings and allow to simmer for a while longer
**I added A LOT of curry powder, cumen, & chili powder.
**Be careful not to use too much cinnamon, or it'll take over.


Taco Salad Meat
You'll need:
1 lb (or however much you desire) cooked hamburger
1 can Pork n Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Tomato Sauce
and to season:

Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Cinnamon (just a pinch)
Brown Sugar (1 tbsp)

Method:
1. Drain & rinse Black beans.
2. Combine all ingredients, season to taste, and let simmer 5-7 minutes.
**Substitutes as the meat for your taco salad
**Cilantro is also great for this dish
**I doubled this recipe to serve about 6 adults


Et VoilĂ ! 


PS: I heard that one reason to drain beans is because it's the juice in them that makes them musical... :) (No guarantees, though!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay thanks Suzie I am excited to try these!! I will let you know how it goes and make sure to rinse the beans! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...