Monday, January 31, 2011

Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit! (And Other Food Storage Adventures)

Brian’s parents are great. Every time we go to their house, we are always encouraged to “go shopping” in their basement, where a treasure trove of food storage awaits us. This past trip (over the Christmas break) we helped organize it, and were allowed to take a lot of what they had too many of.

The bulk of the bounty was made up of, yep, you guessed it… BEANS! In 5 varieties, some of which I’d never heard of before. The only problem now is… what to do with them?


Here are the main things I've done, but if any one has any other bean dishes, I'd love to hear them!

Meal #1: Rice, Beans, & Salad/Veggies.
Meal #2: Chicken & Bean Curry (my proudest creation)
Meal #3: Sweet Chili.
Meal #4: Taco salad with amazing meat/bean stuff (recipe from a friend).

If anyone has any other passable chilis or other bean recipes, or want to try some of the above please let me know! I'd love to try some new variations. 

4 comments:

  1. I'll get James to send you his famous recipe for "Bradley's Beans"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzie, I keep meaning to comment on your posts and then get lost somewhere else in the house before I do it. I have no ideas for you sorry but I did want to request your curry recipe!! I am in dire need of new recipes I have like 25 that I use over and over and I want to find some more. I also wanted to ask for you taco soup one. Please please please. I love your posts!! Keep them up oh and I LOVED you date jar idea alot of those are perfect for home and I am in the midst of making one. Perfect when you have kids and no babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alan, I'll definitely check that out! Lisa, I'm excited for James' bean recipe! Miriam! I'll try and put those 2 recipes on the blog this morning :) Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...