Friday, September 24, 2010

What Suzie does with her time...

So... a lot of people have been asking what I've been up to these past weeks not having a work permit or school to keep me occupied. Well, here are some of the highlights!







Cooking. I have discovered a latent passion! I've really enjoyed experimenting without recipes. It's very exciting what you can make with random stuff from the cupboards and a fondness for dabbling. I didn't actually make this zucchini bread, but one very similar. Maybe better :) I don't bake as much as I cook because baking requires recipes...




Here is beautiful Provo Library. I like to sit on the comfortable chairs in the upstairs because it's quiet and helps me think clearly.


Here is the Provo Temple. I get to volunteer here about 5 hours each week. I also like to go with Brian and then on my own. Sometimes I feel like I learn a lot. Other times I just feel weight has been unloaded. I always leave seeing things a lot more clearly.



This is part of the Freemont People's exhibit at BYU's Museum of Peoples and Cultures. I am currently training to become a docent! It's fun. I've had the two training sessions and have followed one tour. Now for a lot of reading and online tutorials. It's really interesting learning about the exhibits in such detail. It's located right by the Elms - where I lived 2005/2006. I stopped in once.... Thankfully it has changed a lot!



Yellowstone! Brian and I had a lot of fun visiting Yellowstone with his Biology club. The Professor was great, he explained a lot about these geysers. Apparently, Utah and some other surrounding states are sitting on top of a super volcano that produces the heat for these geysers. Fun fact: The color of the geyser is a quite accurate tell of its temperature. Surprisingly, the crystal clear blue water is the hottest: It's so clear because at almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit, nothing can survive! It was incredibly cold and fun. We camped and woke up to snow! Burrrrgh!


2 comments:

  1. Yay Suzie I am so glad you are blogging! I am a follower now :) Congrats on getting married. Its a lot of fun and sounds like you are doing great things with your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have discovered a latent talent for blogging. Nice pictures, nice copy. Ü

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...